Book Recommendations for Parenting Disabled Children

I would love to put together a list of recommended books for parents and caregivers of disabled children. There have been so many that have helped me over the years. Hit me with your favorites and I'll compile them for the group. 

• Like 1

Michigan mother of two with IEPs, and owner of MI Student Advocacy Services. Trying to change the world one IEP at a time. 

• 2 weeks later...

The ones that I got the most out of are the series 'How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk'.  The other book that I feel every parent/adult working with children should read is Ross Greene's The Explosive Child.  I've also read his Lost at School but he has a book for more typical kids called Raising Human Beings.  (The plots are all the same - it's the characters in the books that are different.)  Mona Delahooke's Beyond Behaviors explains why children have behaviors but doesn't have the concrete examples that Ross Greene has in his books.  It's a good book if you are looking for validation that there is more to  behavior than attention, escape, access, and sensory needs.  (I don't like that when I copy from  the internet that the text is white on black.  On Facebook, no one could tell.)

• Like 1