Tell Congress to Support Increased Funding for Epilepsy Programs

• Administrators

One of the many hats I wear is that I am on the EPAC for the Epilepsy Foundation. EPAC=Education Policy Advisory Committee

Sharing something they shared with me today:

Dear Lisa,

Happy National Epilepsy Awareness Month (NEAM)! After the mid-term election next week, members of Congress will return to Washington, D.C., and will need to finish working on the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 budget. Now is the perfect time for you to reach out to your elected officials and ask them to support increased investments in critical epilepsy-related programs and research in the final FY 2023 budget.

The Epilepsy Foundation and many grassroots advocates have been meeting with lawmakers over the past year to ask them to support $13 million for the CDC's Epilepsy Program, $164 Million for the Safe Motherhood & Infant Health Program, and $19 Million for the VA Epilepsy Centers of Excellence. With increased funding for these important programs, we can expand quality epilepsy services that reduce healthcare costs, improve health outcomes, and help raise public awareness.

We have provided template letters, but we strongly encourage you to share your own personal experience as a member of the epilepsy community and why this funding matters.

With gratitude,

Laura Weidner
Vice President, Government Relations & Advocacy
Epilepsy Foundation

• Like 3