Jump to content
  • 0

About dispute resolution and FAPE



2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderators

Did you enter into a settlement agreement with your district? Did the terms of that agreement say that the district is no longer responsible for providing FAPE? Or, is the child still in a public school with the district expected to provide FAPE?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Administrators

Yes, some settlement agreements call for that. Especially if you are seeking private placement at district expense at a school that is not bound to IDEA. If the district cannot hold the private placement accountable--then they really cannot guarantee FAPE.

This is a fairly common circumstance--the parent is putting their faith in the private placement.

Just know that if it doesn't work out, you have no recourse.

I always recommend that you pay the few hundred bucks to have an attorney to read over your settlement agreement, if you didn't hire one to help draw it up.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use