Timeline question

Ann Briggs

Question

I’m planning on asking my school district for an IEE. I have the letter written out, but not yet sent. I also have an upcoming IEP meeting in 2 weeks to ask for additional goals and support to be added to my grandson’s BIP. My question is, should I wait to send the request for an IEE until after the IEP meeting? I’m concerned that sending it now could negatively impact how they respond to my requests for additional behavior support

2 answers to this question

I'd wait.  But in the meantime, reach out to people who do IEE evals.  Get costs and timelines - expect a wait.  Then you are better prepared if the school comes back with OK but keep it under $XXX.  You can quickly come back with:  I wanted for XX to do the eval and their cost is higher.  Of the 3 people I contacted, only one can do it & they don't have a background with XX which is needed to evaluate my child.

2 minutes ago, JSD24 said:

I'd wait.  But in the meantime, reach out to people who do IEE evals.  Get costs and timelines - expect a wait.  Then you are better prepared if the school comes back with OK but keep it under $XXX.  You can quickly come back with:  I wanted for XX to do the eval and their cost is higher.  Of the 3 people I contacted, only one can do it & they don't have a background with XX which is needed to evaluate my child.

Thank you! I did feel that it would be best to wait. Thanks for confirming that for me. 
I have all the information and provider picked out for the IEE. Even have a date scheduled for the fall. Will be getting this neuropsych even if the district won’t pay

• Like 1