Draft or In effect?

Smiley74

Question

I returned a 504 draft from checking the informal conference box and noting this in text, "I agree to the above accommodations, but believe they are not wholly inclusive of her necessary accommodations and those currently being provided to her during the school day."
School is still calling it a draft, saying I didn't agree because i didn't check the I agree to proceed box, but I literally wrote 'I agree to the above" and signed the document.

Is the document still a draft and can't be implemented and shared with the team until I check the I agree box?

5 answers to this question

But can they not provide them specifically because I didn’t check the box and instead wrote “I agree with the above, but…” and checked the Informal conference because I wanted a conference?  I know they could’ve and that would’ve been the right thing to do, but they seem hell bent on not giving anything they don’t absolutely HAVE to. Is there anything in IDEA or Pa code that says if I write I agree they need to provide? 

Ask for another copy and check both the 'I agree' and 'I want a meeting' boxes.  Write that you feel additional accommodation beyond what is listed are needed for your child.

I have a feeling your school district solicitor is very well paid.  PA Chapter 15 has nothing about 504 forms or boxes.  https://www.pacodeandbulletin.gov/Display/pacode?file=/secure/pacode/data/022/chapter15/chap15toc.html

I already did, but there were assessments and other classwork that had been administered without accommodations so I’m trying to figure out if there was anything that compelled the District to implement the 504 with just text that said “I agree”.