Student Profile will not be given

TeamT

Question

My son is currently 3rd grade in a 12-1-1 class which is a mixed class but he only has other 2 classmates that are in his same grade level. All the others are in 1st and 2nd Grade.

For our upcoming IEp meeting I asked for a student profile of the recommended class because I want him to learn age appropriate skills and behaviors. Their response was that they can’t provide it until closer to the end of the school year when they’re done with all IEP meetings. 

My son transitioned from 1-1 para to a 2-1 to help with refocusing and keep him on task. Teacher said para not needed for academics but in another call he said my son needs a smaller group. 

15-1-1 is more age appropriate since it’s not a mixed class. 

What would you do in this situation? 

TIA!

1 answer to this question

You wait.  The school doesn't know which students will continue to need the 15:1:1 class based on how their progress will go during the last few months of the school year until they happen.  Assuming the same students will continue in this class is predetermination.  Seems like they don't want to mislead you.