What records can I request for para services?

Verónica

Question

The paras last day at my daughters school is in 2 days. She has been working with my daughter since the beginning of the school year with math and reading push in and pull out services. Shes been the only one  working with daughter and  my daughters triennial meeting isn't until May. Ide like to know what records/info can I request from the rsp teachers aid/para before she leaves. In California 

2 answers to this question

• Administrators

This should help--but read the whole thing, esp the part about a FERPA request may be considered a hostile act.

https://adayinourshoes.com/ferpa-regulations/

All paras need to work under the supervision of a teacher.  I'm assuming the para is in the IEP & will be replaced so the school stays in compliance with the IEP.  The teacher & the new para will have observations about your child's present levels to be discussed at the May meeting.

I know teacher can write out their observations to be included into an IEP.  Not sure if a para can do this.  Can she write out what they feel are your child's biggests needs?  What areas should the new para focus on?  Where do they see her reaching goals?  Any new goals to work on?  Can strengths be used to help your child reach goals in deficit areas?