SaS Considerations Toolkit but not as requested

Ally

Question

In PA: when I requested SaS (services aids supports) Considerations Toolkit, the school began compiling information before I was aware and had IEP meeting for me to give my input to include. I’ve asked for a continuance of the IEP meeting so I can review their SaS data. This is not the SaS toolkit I’ve researched which includes an outside facilitator but it’s the way the district says they can also do it. Anyone experienced this? Outside facilitator is one reason I wanted this evaluation because school hasn’t been cooperative or following IEP but claims they are. FBA by BCBA from outside agency wasn’t enough to show school that IEP isn’t being followed. Hoping the SaS toolkit would implement a plan that will have school follow IEP but wasn’t expecting it to be done only by IEP team.

3 answers to this question

• Administrators

I'm confused by your question.

Are you asking about a facilitated IEP meeting? Facilitators are just that, they keep the meeting going. They facilitate it.

It sounds like you may need mediation.

And SAS doesn't carry any additional weight in an IEP process. You need data to demonstrate the need for whatever supports you're asking for. That data doesn't have to be the SAS toolkit. 

There is a lot of info about the SAS Toolkit on Pattan.net.  The training on how to use the toolkit is also on the Pattan site so it's possible for anyone to take this training & use the kit.

I think it would be reasonable to ask if the person at the district completed this training so you know it was done by someone who is certified.  https://www.pattan.net/Supports/Inclusive-Practices/Supplementary-Aids-and-Services-Consideration-Tool/SaS-Consideration-Toolkit-Facilitator-Training

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JSD24 said:

There is a lot of info about the SAS Toolkit on Pattan.net.  The training on how to use the toolkit is also on the Pattan site so it's possible for anyone to take this training & use the kit.

I think it would be reasonable to ask if the person at the district completed this training so you know it was done by someone who is certified.  https://www.pattan.net/Supports/Inclusive-Practices/Supplementary-Aids-and-Services-Consideration-Tool/SaS-Consideration-Toolkit-Facilitator-Training

This is an excellent follow up step! Thanks!