Jump to content
  • 0


Christi Blunt


I am a special needs advocate and I have a client in MO trying to get transportation from school to ABA therapy at 12:50 every day.  The child is in 3rd grade and has major behavior struggles, nonverbal, OCD, Autism, ADHD, anxiety.  The school district says no they won't provide or pay for it.  The ABA clinic is within the school district boundaries.  Also, the school stated the child does not need the ABA therapy.  We have a mediation meeting coming up.  What should I present to get the school district to provide transportation? What legal leg do I have to stand on for this?  Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Administrators

You're going to have to demonstrate that ABA is FAPE for him.

The fact that the clinic is within district boundaries is convenient, but not a slam dunk as far as getting the district to provide these services and transport him.

Whatever the child's needs are--you're going to need documentation to prove that what you're asking for is FAPE for this child, and what the district is offering is not FAPE for this child.

I don't mean to oversimplify it--but that is what has to happen here.

Have you taken my training? Because I go over the 4 steps that I use.




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use